Thursday, February 24, 2011

Where is the worlds compassion??

So twice in the last month someone has felt the need to stop me and "comment" on how I am raising Jeremiah. People are constantly giving me dirty looks which I usually ignore but when they have the audacity to give their two cents I really loose it. Typically I have to calmly and rationally talk Jeremiah into doing something this can go on for 2 min to an hr depending on what I want him to do. Today it was trying to get him to blow his nose. So here I am trying to talk him into blowing his nose. He was wiping but not blowing it and i couldn't catch him off guard to do it myself. Jeremiah has ninja reflexs and I do not. This went on for 20 min when a women decided to come up to me who was sitting behind me, handed me a tissue and said he has a really big bugger and it is getting in his food. Yes I agree that the booger was disgusting but don't you think maybe something is going on with this kid that he wont just blow his nose and maybe just maybe it is not because the mother doesn't care. She obviously saw me trying to get him to blow his nose.

So I am asking everyone i know very nicely that the next time you see a mom chasing a kid in the parking lot, or constantly trying to get their child to stop touching everything in the store, attempting every crazy scenario to get them to wash their hands, and trying with everything in her being to just buy a gallon of milk , DO NOT JUDGE THEM ON HOW THEY ARE RAISING THEIR KIDS. You have no idea what that womens day looks like and quite frankly sometimes you need to get out of your house. Odds are that kid may not be "typical" or better yet is a boy not a girl and that in itself changes everything. Every child is different and in this day and age when 1 out of every 10 boys are dx with Autism odds are they are Autistic. So cut the lady a break and show her some compassion instead of judgement. On the flip side People with autistic children don't need your pity their kids are a gift and can do things the average kid can't comprehend, but because of this their days are harder. So lets just all have alittle compassion and grace and realize no two are made the same. Sorry for the rant I am just really fed up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment