Thursday, May 27, 2010

Change

Do you ever have one of those days where everything changes in a moment and you feel like you were takin up in a tornado? I had one of those days this week. I got a phone call from JJ's OT this week telling me that he has outgrown the preschool he is in, that the typical preschool at Just children he goes to part time is being cut next year do to budget cuts. They were hoping I was planning on sending him to kindergarten next year. Unfortunately that is not our plan his birthday is two weeks before the cut off and we were hoping to keep him back a year so he could be more emotionally mature. My head was spinning trying to figure out what to do.

Just like that all my plans changed God slammed a door shut and redirected me to an open window. In a matter of hours in my heart I decided to home school JJ. I know this sounds absolutely insane but God has completely made a way for me to do this. We are within months of having all our debt paid off, nursing school clinicals were postponed for a year, we are moving in with my in laws so I can go to school and we can buy a house, my in laws are both teachers by nature along with my husband, etc..... In the midst of the tornado i saw everything. I saw a road already paved out for us. Children with autism tend to excel being home schooled do to the one on one teaching and quiet environments where you can tailor there education towards there interests. This isn't for everyone and every child has different needs, but for JJ I don't want his anxiety for school to interfere with his desire to learn. So here it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment