Saturday, April 3, 2010

As the onions peeled

I am in the process of registering JJ for kindergarten and he is getting ready to transition to a "typical" preschool with services, to prepare him for school. I am filling out more and more paperwork everyday. Autism questionnaires, Aspbergers surveys, behavioral charts, etc...from my uneducated point of view it is looking like JJ has Aspberger's. The jest being he is really smart with social and sensory impairments.

I am amazed by how much he has grown since Christmas his language skills have improved to the point that he asked me "is Josh your husband", and "he was so happy to see me". He has become incredibly affectionate with Abby, as well as the rest of the family. I have to admit I am looking forward to 5 with him as the onion is peeled we see more and more of who he is and I am amazed by the loving kind person he is. Parts of him reminds me of my brother Jason and cousin Zack loving, committed, honorable human beings. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I look forward to seeing the young man he becomes.

1 comment: