Monday, April 26, 2010

His mercies are new every morning

Slowly JJ's reports are coming and the final diagnosis is yet to be determined. He is definetly on the spectrum but there are discrepancies as to where he fits. Reading on paper all of his issues has completley broken me. My little baby boy who is so beautiful is not as he should be and for the first time I am allowing myself to be broken by it. Tears stroll down my face as I realize how different he really is. I cant stop asking why??.

As I ponder why this happened I am reminded of moses who stuttered and how God overcame his biggest obstacle and made him a leader of people who spoke to Kings (Pharoahs). God seems to like to work best in the midst of our weaknesses. As I look at my little boy I wonder "God what are your plans for him?" and I thank God that his mercies are new every morning. I know in my heart of hearts that God choose us to raise JJ. That he has entrusted us with his care and there is purpose in it. May we rise to the occasion and may his mercies follow us as we attempt to raise JJ in the way he should go.

1 comment: